Re: Bind using credentials from another directory server

François Beretti <francois.beretti@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does OpenLDAP provide a way to authenticate on it using a DN / pwd of
> another LDAP server ? I have read the manual page about the LDAP and META
> backends, but I did not find if it match my will.
>
> At the end I would like to authenticate on OpenLDAP with a DN/pwd of another
> directory (or maybe SASL credentials ?), and access (probably only through
> OpenLDAP) to the data of both OpenLDAP and the other directory server.
>
> I can customize the OpenLDAP server (in fact: our server), and not the other
> server (the customer server).

Some time ago, I wrote a custom LDAP backend for hijacking
authentication. My goal was to redirect it to a RADIUS server, but you
could modify my code to authenticate against anything else.

Here is it:
http://ftp.espci.fr/pub/ldap2radius/

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus