Re: gss_wrap/gss_unwrap sasl buffers?

Michael B Allen wrote:
Yup. That's exactly what I'm doing now. I just didn't see it before
but cyrus.c seems to be the model for what I want to do. And I see
ber_sockbuf_add_io et al is public so I'm hoping I can do it without
touching libldap or liblber at all.

Sounds like you're on the right track.

For reasons not worth dicussing I'm not very interested in using libsasl
(at least not cyrus).

Trust me, we probably already know the reasons...

However, the only standards-compliant way to enable this functionality is through a SASL Bind. Are you actually reimplementing that as well? We've talked about jettisoning Cyrus SASL in favor of "something else" but there haven't been any other implementations worth considering. Feel free to continue this conversation on the openldap-devel mailing list if you want to pursue it further.

Thanks, Mike

PS: OpenLDAP is nice code. Well organised and understandable. Thanks to
those involved.

A cast of thousands. OK, well, dozens... -- -- Howard Chu Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc OpenLDAP Core Team http://www.openldap.org/project/