From: openldap-software-bounces+douglas=gpc.edu@openldap.org
[mailto:openldap-software-bounces+douglas=gpc.edu@openldap.org]On Behalf
Of Howard Chu
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 12:01 AM
To: Douglas B. Jones
Cc: openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: Re: database relay

Douglas B. Jones wrote:
> I am working on openldap-2.3.33 and have compiled it on RHEL4
> with the following:

> When I start the server up, I get:
>
> Jan 25 19:31:54 mldap slapd[14401]: @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.3.33 (Jan 25 2007 18
> :43:37) $       root@mldap.gpc.edu:/var/lib/ldap/src/openldap-2.3.33/servers/sla
> pd
> Jan 25 19:31:54 mldap slapd[14402]: WARNING: No dynamic config support for datab
> ase relay.
> Jan 25 19:31:54 mldap slapd[14402]: WARNING: No dynamic config support for overl
> ay rwm.
> Jan 25 19:31:54 mldap slapd[14402]:  WARNING: The converted cn=config directory
> is incomplete and may not work.
> Jan 25 19:31:54 mldap slapd[14402]: slapd starting
>
> Where should I be looking concerning these error messages. I hope
> the info. I gave is enough, if not, please let me know what else
> I can include. Thanks!

There are no error messages here. There are "WARNING" messages - which
obviously are warnings, not errors. If there was an actual error, slapd would
not have started up.

If you're using a slapd.conf file you can totally ignore the warnings. If
you're trying to use slapd.d and cn=config, then quite simply, you're out of
luck because they (relay and rwm) haven't been adapted for cn=config yet.

Maybe we should change the messages from "WARNING:" to "Oh by the way..."
--
   -- Howard Chu