Re: [Fwd: Re: Bug(?) With OpenLDAP 2.3.32]

> On Wednesday 24 January 2007 19:31, Howard Chu wrote:
>> As a complete aside, you might consider using something like the
>> addpartial
>> overlay in ITS#3593
>> http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Contrib?id=3593
>> instead of sort/diff. Just ldapadd everything and let the overlay figure
>> out the changes. That's essentially what the syncrepl consumer does with
>> the entries it receives from the provider.
>
> If you happen to be interested in this overlay, feel free to contact me
> about
> it.  I have never versions that aren't available at that URL (that ensure
> syncrepl works, among other things).

Oh good  =D  I have a lot of different responses for pieces of Howard's
message, but this makes it easy to split off this conversation.  ;D  For
one thing, I think that functionality is awesome!  And at some level I
would love to be able to make use of it!  The only reason I don't think I
would end up using it right now is that I do a lot of sanity checks on
what I have.  Basically I create the ldifdiff output, parse it and see how
many mods, deletes, adds, etc are being done, and cap the max number that
can be performed without someone looking over what's going on first.  So
in effect, I'm already doing the work to do the diffs, might as well use
what I have.  That said, I adore the concept and is there any chance it'll
ever end up in openldap's dist?

Oh also, I would actually love to 'play with it' if you wouldn't mind
hooking me up with a copy.  =)

Daniel