Re: change tracelevel programatically

Thanks for the quick answer; unfortunatelly i have to stick to this
version - i've inherited the code (and the environment).

What do you think about the code excerpt? Am i tuning the logging
facility the right way? I was afraid that this is a concurrency issue or
something like this, but i'll dive into the code if you say it's more likely a
bug.

Regards,
David

Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> írta:

> Lukacs David wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm using slapd (version 2.2.6) with a custom backend. I've tried
> > to implement a feature to change the trace level triggered by some
> > events. I used the following piece of code to do this (found it
> > originally in log.c):
>
> 2.2.6 is so old, it's probable that you're just running into bugs in the
> actual Debug logging statements (e.g. trying to print through NULL
pointers,
> etc.). The current stable release is 2.3.32.
>
> I suggest upgrading to the latest 2.2 release at least (2.2.30). If you
can
> adapt your code to 2.3 you should do that instead. In the meantime,
use
> malloc debugger like Electric Fence, it may help you isolate the
source
of
> the problem.
>
> --
>    -- Howard Chu
>    Chief Architect, Symas Corp.  http://www.symas.com
>    Director, Highland Sun        http://highlandsun.com/hyc
>    OpenLDAP Core Team            http://www.openldap.org/project/

"Diszlexiás-e a gyerekem?" - 25 kérdéses gyorsteszt
(hálás lesz utána, akármi is az eredmény!)
http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,133103,204265/click.prm