Re: problem with sasl

Rafal wrote:
A thought (cos it happened to me years ago): you could be mixing SASL1 and SASL2 libraries. You don't state OS or vendor, but if it's Linux make sure you've included /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf or one of the files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d (if you have it) and run ldconfig.

my system is freebsd 5.x

I am create file ld.so.conf with /usr/local/lib and I am run ldconfig

and slapd along crash after run ldapsearch -I and if I loged properly
            asl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

and slapd show this:

==>slap_sasl2dn: converting SASL name
uid=test,cn=example.com,cn=digest-md5,cn=auth to a DN
slap_authz_regexp: converting SASL name
uid=test,cn=example.com,cn=digest-md5,cn=auth
<==slap_sasl2dn: Converted SASL name to <nothing>
slapd in free(): error: chunk is already free
Abort (core dumped)

but if I put bad password (when I login to slapd - digestmd5) - slapd along
working..........

my installation dir for sasl2 is /usr/local/lib/sasl2 and with postfix is
working correctly

I've a similar problem on Linux where "pwcheck_method: auxprop", however using "pwcheck_method: saslauthd" works. Postfix works using both auxprop and saslauthd. I assumed it was a local issue.

Regards,

Rob