Re: problem with sasl

Rafal wrote:

A thought (cos it happened to me years ago): you could be mixing SASL1 and SASL2 libraries. You don't state OS or vendor, but if it's Linux make sure you've included /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf or one of the files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d (if you have it) and run ldconfig.

my system is freebsd 5.x

I don't know anything about freebsd, apart from that the latest release is supposed to be 6 - I never heard of 5.

I am create file ld.so.conf with /usr/local/lib and I am run ldconfig

and slapd along crash after run ldapsearch -I and if I loged properly
            asl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

and slapd show this:

==>slap_sasl2dn: converting SASL name uid=test,cn=example.com,cn=digest-md5,cn=auth to a DN
slap_authz_regexp: converting SASL name uid=test,cn=example.com,cn=digest-md5,cn=auth
<==slap_sasl2dn: Converted SASL name to <nothing>

Well, you haven't configured OpenLDAP SASL yet in slapd.conf (if you're doing it for the first time also known as "jumping through hoops").

slapd in free(): error: chunk is already free
Abort (core dumped)

No idea. I'd continue to gamble on bad libraries.

but if I put bad password (when I login to slapd - digestmd5) - slapd along working..........

my installation dir for sasl2 is /usr/local/lib/sasl2 and with postfix is working correctly

Are you using Cyrus SASL for Postfix SASL, with auxprop? And does that have an LDAP backend? (Like ours does). I don't think so, since you'd then get the same result.

I honestly can't comment further, since I know nothing abour FreeBSD 5; perhaps someone here does.

--Tonni
--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet.nl