configure with back-sql on mingw/msys fails.

hi,all
   I want to build openldap on mingw and msys with back-sql, but the configure fails with following error message:

checking sql.h usability... no
checking sql.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sql.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sql.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sql.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sql.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sql.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: sql.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to <
http://www.openldap.org/its/> ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for sql.h... yes
checking sqlext.h usability... no
checking sqlext.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sqlext.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sqlext.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sqlext.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sqlext.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sqlext.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: sqlext.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to <
http://www.openldap.org/its/> ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for sqlext.h... yes
checking for SQLDriverConnect in -liodbc... no
checking for SQLDriverConnect in -lodbc... no
configure: error: could not locate suitable ODBC library

in mingw/lib there is libodbc32.a, I copied and renamed it as libodbc.a
and checked it has 'SQLDriverConnect' function:
$ nm libodbc32.a | grep SQLDriverConnect
00000000 I
__imp__SQLDriverConnectW@32
00000000 T _SQLDriverConnectW@32
00000000 I __imp__SQLDriverConnectA@32
00000000 T _SQLDriverConnectA@32
00000000 I __imp__SQLDriverConnect@32
00000000 T _SQLDriverConnect@32

but configure still fails with above errors.
could anyone help me ? any commets are appreciated.

--
Regards.
William