Re: proxying authentication

On 12/19/06, sishkebab <sishkebab@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

consider the following setup:

* A central accounts OpenLDAP directory, where user credentials are stored,
among others.

* An LDAP enabled service using a separate OpenLDAP directory containing
service related attributes for a subject of the user objects contained in
the central directory.

Is it possible to configure my servers so that users connecting to the
service directory can authenticate using the credentials stored in the
central directory, while the proccess stays transparent for the end user?

I know that this may be achieved by replicating user credentials to the
service directory, but it would be prefered if it was done without
replication.

So, is there any way doing it, either using some overlay or some means of
proxy authentication?

Thanks,

Michalis

http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapo-pcache&sektion=5&apropos=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.3-Release