Re: dnsDomain2.schema and aRecord

--On Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:10 PM +0100 Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@bayour.com> wrote:

Quoting Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu>:

--On Tuesday, December 12, 2006 5:08 PM +0100 Turbo Fredriksson
<turbo@bayour.com> wrote:

Quoting "JÃÂrgen Magin" <gaston@octo-soft.de>:

index aRecord eq

Shouldn't that be 'sub' (not 'eq') if you want substring matches?

Did you miss the part where I pointed out that substring searches are not allowed on that attribute, because the schema definition doesn't allow them?

... "after changing it to 'caseExactIA5SubstringsMatch'" as implied...

And I'm sure you know that changing RFC defined attribute definitions is highly frowned upon.

aRecord is defined in RFC1274 as:

#    aRecord ATTRIBUTE
#        WITH ATTRIBUTE-SYNTAX
#            DNSRecordSyntax
#    ::= {pilotAttributeType 26}

and the RFC clearly states that the allowed matching rules for that type are:

    DNSRecordSyntax ATTRIBUTE-SYNTAX
            IA5String
            MATCHES FOR EQUALITY

As in, no substring matching.

Telling people to willfully violate RFC defined attributes is generally a bad thing.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer