Re: syncrepl and slowness during updates

--On Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:57 PM -0500 Aaron Richton <richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu> wrote:

causing all sorts of problems for us.  One thing to note:  the master
does  basically the same updates, but through an normal ldap client,
rather than  through syncrepl -- and it does not experience this
slowness.

syncrepl (re)sends the entire entry, so it's a lot more intense than your typical MOD. I seem to be the only person willing to live with this, but it's quite common to use "delta-syncrepl" instead, which only sends the changed attributes. There should be ample documentation out there; read up and come back if you have questions. (I'll probably change off of traditional syncrepl when I move production to 2.4.)

Oh, very good point, I'd forgotten that bit (I'm one of those delta-syncrepl users. :P ).

Symas has a tech tip on this at:

<http://www.connexitor.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3>

--Quanah

--