Re: Solaris 10 and openldap - help needed.

Yes, that's more a question of the Solaris dynamic linker design than the compiler. Sun Studio has been good with OpenLDAP. OpenLDAP has a fairly standards-compliant code base, and the few times something that's not C99 compliant have slipped in, the issue is quickly resolved on the ITS. We currently have the end-to-end OpenLDAP chain (e.g. slapd, cyrus-sasl, openssl, etc.) compiled using Sun Studio and it works fine for both v8+ and v9 (64-bit) code.