Re: hi, question about slapd.d configuration changed on the fly

Howard Chu wrote:

[...]

I'd guess that the passage you quote (and it _is_ correct) was written for a future version of OpenLDAP. For us, simply being able to change olcLogLevel on the fly with gq's 'point 'n click' has been one huge godsend.

Where are you getting this "one or two" stuff? Everything can be set dynamically. All means all.

Ok, it can all be changed. For cn=config I often use GQ, since that's a handy tool, to change olcLogLevel on running servers. But changing the order of olc Access, for example, isn't easily accomplished (this has been discussed before) and all on the fly changes are lost the next time the daemon is restarted (assuming a valid slapd.conf and other included conf files). I should have written that it's not a practical solution at the moment.

The original poster obviously missed the point that the *LDAP* configuration engine is driven by *LDAP*. I.e., changes are accomplished using ldapmodify, not by editing any files.

Possibly, he didn't make that clear.

--Tonni

--
Tonni Earnshaw