Re: Need some help on a specific ACL

At 03:18 PM 12/4/2006, Rob Tanner wrote:
>I have most of this bloody long ACL working right,

You seem to have forgotted that evaluation stops (by default) at
the first matching accessing statement.

>but I still need an
>anonymous access to any entry under the "ou=people,o=linfield.edu" base
>DN for the purpose of authentication.  I need to be able to search on
>the UID in order to retrieve the full DN of the entry.  None of my
>trials have been successful.  Can someone please help?

Order matters.  I suggest you read the Admin Guide and FAQ discussion
of access controls to get a basic understanding of how access controls
should be ordered.
  http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/slapdconfig.html#Access%20Control
  http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=1375
  http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=189