Re: Problems with openldap 2.1.30 and 2.2.13

--On Thursday, November 30, 2006 5:09 PM -0300 Leandro <llattan2002@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

I have servers with openldap 2.1.30 working very well. It was compiled on Slackware 9.1 / 10.0 (kernel 2.4.22 / kernel 2.4.26) with: ./configure --disable-bdb --enable-ldbm --enable-crypt

Now, I want to compile the same version (2.1.30) and use it on RHEL4 ES x86_64 It compiles ok with same "./configure" parameters. Then, I do: make depend, make, make test, make install, and everything es ok. I copy slapd.conf and ldap.conf, and schemas. Then, I copy the base "openldap-data" from original server (with tar.gz) I change necesary informacion in slapd.conf and ldap.conf (IP)

The service slapd starts ok, I can connect the service, but I canÂt read
any information from the DB.
Files and Directory permissions are ok.
The error: dn2entry_r: no entry for valid id
What is the problem ?

If I use openldap 2.2.13-x86_64 RPM which comes with this distribution,
the same slapd.conf and schemas,
then I have "duplicated attributes" when I try to start the service ?!?!

The database files are not compatible. I will note that OpenLDAP 2.1 and OpenLDAP 2.2 are both historic releases, you should use OpenLDAP 2.3.

I will also note that LDBM as a database backend has many horrible problems, and it is advised to use bdb or hdb instead.

The first thing you should do is run slapcat on your 2.1 server to export the databse to LDIF format. Then build and install 2.3, and load the LDIF file.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html