RE: OpenLDAP Search Problem

--On Monday, November 20, 2006 1:54 PM -0800 Matt Brown <mbrown@mail.ewu.edu> wrote:

I restarted the LDAP service and now it's working fine. Very strange problem though.

We are running OpenLDAP 2.2.17

Our LDAP guy just quit and I'm trying to pickup where he left off,
although I'm really have very little experience with OpenLDAP.

Well, I'll note a few things:

(a) 2.2.17 is extremely old
(b) There are a number of DoS vulnerabilities that can be triggered in that old of a release, some with just a very trivial ldapsearch
(c) It'd still be useful to know what database backend is being used

I'd certainly advise upgrading, but you'll want to set up another system to do that, and go through the steps, there were some configuration changes between 2.2 and 2.3, and you'll need to dump the db via slapcat, and reload via slapadd on the new server, as the way the data is stored changed as well.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html