Re: OpenLDAP Search Problem

--On Monday, November 20, 2006 11:38 AM -0800 Donn Cave <donn@u.washington.edu> wrote:

I honestly think that advice is a little premature without more
detail on what versions of software is being run, what database
bits are being used, and whether or not the thing had an index
added without the database being indexed....

OK, Matt - cancel that, don't do it until Quanah gives you the go-ahead!

Very funny... My point is just more that building and loading a new server, doesn't tell you a whole lot if the problem is fixed, because then you still don't know why it occurred in the first place. And, without knowing the version of OpenLDAP, if it was a bug in an older version, and the same old version is used, that won't get one anywhere... Or if LDBM is being used, which its myriad of problems, building a new ldbm-based DB isn't all that great, either. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer