Re: OpenLDAP Search Problem

--On Monday, November 20, 2006 11:23 AM -0800 Donn Cave <donn@u.washington.edu> wrote:

On Nov 20, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Matt Brown wrote:
I have an issue that just started a few days ago where when I
search our LDAP for the field employeeNumber a number of my
accounts will come back as not found even though they are in there,
I can search by the uid and find the person and looking at the
record the employeeNumber is exactly what I was searching for.

I can however do a search for (employeeNumber=*000111222) and find
the employee where a search for (employeeNumber=000111222) will not
find anything. On other accounts the search returns the expected
result.
If it would be reasonably convenient to build a new directory somewhere,
from a slapcat of the current one, I would do that and see if the new
directory is any better.

I honestly think that advice is a little premature without more detail on what versions of software is being run, what database bits are being used, and whether or not the thing had an index added without the database being indexed....

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html