Questions about lastmod overlay

Hi,

I want to get last modified timestamps, etc, on individual entries in
OpenLDAP just as I get them in my about to be retired Netscape server.
But I noticed that that lastmod overlay is not built by default when you
compile from source (one needs to include the "--enable-lastmod" when
running configure).  And so, of course, my current binary doesn't
support that function.  Is there a downside to using the lastmod
overlay?   Can I just recompile and reinstall and not have to actually
rebuild the database, or do I have to dump the database and reload it again?

Thanks,
Rob

--

Rob Tanner