Re: How To Configure w/ FreeBSD

On 11/15/06, Rachel Florentine <rachel_florentine@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi; This may be OT, but after 3 days of trying to get my question answered on FreeBSD lists, I figured I'd come back here where I know you guys have the answer ;) I would like to run the following env/options in building OpenLDAP:

env \
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/db42
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib/db42 CC=gcc \
./configure \
    --localstatedir=/var/run/slapd \
    --enable-spasswd \
    --enable-modules \
    --enable-shared \
    --enable-dynamic \
    --with-tls \
    --with-cyrus-sasl \
    --enable-bdb \
    --disable-slapd \
    --enable-openssl \
    --enable-monitor \
    --enable-proxycache \
    --enable-unique \
    --enable-ppolicy \
    --enable-accesslog \
    --disable-cleartext

*However*, one has to perform some mystical incantation when doing this with
the FreeBSD port system. I need someone to initiate me into this mystery.
That is, can someone just give me the command I need to issue to build
OpenLDAP the way I want to? Rewrite the above with whatever necessary
wrappers to get FreeBSD to swallow it?
TIA,
Rachel

FreeBSD will compile openldap just like anything else with what you've
provided.  (assume you have gcc install, etc)  If you're trying to
manipulate the freebsd ports system, then you are indeed off-topic on
openldap lists.