syncrepl & OpenLDAP 2.3.27 & Backend Issue

I have been attempting to setup OpenLDAP for the past couple of days
with syncrepl and have been able to get it to work. The configs work
resolve find with "slaptest -d config" and the master would work but the
consumers would never have any data in them.

After spending some time and reconfiguring a bunch of times with the
help of the guys in #ldap on Freenode. I switched by consumers from
"hdb" to "bdb" and it just started to work. My master had always been "bdb".

No idea why this happens like this but the guys from #ldap told me to
e-mail this info out. I was just following the guide from OpenLDAP
Administrator's Guide which said to set it up with bdb on the master and
hdb on the consumers.

If anyone wants any more info to track this down let me know and I'll
provide it.

--
Doug Goldstein
cardoe@gentoo.org