hdb stops checkpointing....

I try to modify a hdb periodically (often). After a while the underlying
database seems to be swamped down.

If I look in the directory log files are piling up. I run db_archive
periodically to clean up the log files and I also run db_deadlock in
parallel.

I do not run db_checkpoint as this as far as I understand is done by the
backend.

Strangely the problem seems to start after about 2 h if I start from a
clean database. When I try to lower the frequency of the updates it still
seems to happen after 2 h.

I use openLDAP v2.3.24
with Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.4.20

Johan Jönemo