Re: {Kerberos} Support in openldap

Hi,
  So my understanding is with {SASL}, users can bind
to ldap server through simple bind(not SASL bind) by
providing the password, which will be validated by the
"saslauthd". Is this correct? How is the communication
happening between slapd and saslauthd? Is it through
IPC?

Thanks,
John.

--- "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

> At 04:23 AM 11/3/2006, john d wrote:
> >Hi,
> >  I like to know why the {KERBEROS} support in
> simple
> >bind is deprecated in Openldap?
>
> I believe there were numerous reasons.
> Architecturally,
> it simply makes sense to move the external password
> store
> access function outside of slapd(8) proper and into
> a small,
> standalone daemon, like saslauthd(8).  With {SASL},
> we
> have this.
>
> -- Kurt

Sponsored Link

Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for?
http://www.netflix.com/Signup?mqso=80010030