Re: posixgroup & structuralobject errors

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 10:47:02AM +0100, jef peeraer wrote:
> i am using openldap for many years now ( arround 300 users ) but
> recently i encountered some problems. i installed a new server (
> opensuse 10.1) and tried to import an ldap database which comes from a
> suse 9.3
> There seems to be a difference in schemas anyway. (opensuse 10.1 has
> openldap version  2.3.19 , 9.3 -> 2.2.23)
> I've get these errors during import ->
> structuralObjectClass 'posixGroup' is not STRUCTURAL
> The entry on which i've got the complaints ->
>
> dn: cn=root,ou=Group,dc=deterp,dc=be
> objectClass: posixGroup
> objectClass: top
> cn: root
> userPassword:: xxxxxxx
> gidNumber: 0
> structuralObjectClass: posixGroup
>
> I did a search in the faq and on google, but didn't find very much about it.

SuSE is using rfc2307bis by default (instead of rfc2307, which is called
"nis.schema"). In this new set of definitions, posixGroup is auxiliary.
SO you need to:
- add a structural OC to your group entries (recommended one seems to be
  groupOfNames and the member attribute)
- change the structuralObjectClass from your dump to point to this
  additional OC you are going to use

or change back to nis.schema.