Re: 2.3 admin guide

--On Thursday, November 02, 2006 3:39 PM +0100 Gerard Ranke <gerard.ranke@kmt.hku.nl> wrote:

Hi all,

I wanted to read up on indexing, and I noticed that, in the admin guide,
the index directive  is under par. 6.2.5.6. So it seems as if this is
specific to the ldbm backend ( par. 6.2.5 ). I was under the impression
that index directives were valid for bdb backends too. So, can I use
index directives for bdb? And is the syntax in 6.2.5.6 still valid?
Thanks for your answers.

I'd look at the slapd-bdb man page.

<http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapd-bdb&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.3-Release&format=html>

You are correct, however, the Admin guide needs some updating, as both cachesize and index are not solely a part of LDBM (which will be removed in 2.4).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer