Re: OpenLDAP configured for TLS not listenting on port 636

Geert,

When I start the server by hand using you suggested startup, the server
does indeed listen on port 636.  But when I modify the default startup
script (included in the Fedora distro) and restart it, it was no longer
listening on port 636.  That made me look at the startup in more
detail.  The script starts the daemon be calling the daemon function in
the functions script with the full command line as a parameter.  If I
start the server directly and not through the daemon function, it works
properly (i.e., listens on port 636 and responds to ldaps:// queries)
whether the startup is -h "ldap://  ldaps://" or -h "ldap:///
ldaps:///".  I don't understand it, but it works correctly every time
now.  I think I need to look at that daemon function to see what's going
on.  Perhaps it's entirely superfluous.

Anyway, thank you much.  Your help got me started on finding the
problem.  Now I can go and get a real certificate from the CA and move
the server into production.

-- Rob