Re: ldap replication half functional

--On Sunday, October 29, 2006 12:26 AM -0300 Sergio Shevtsov <sergioshev@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

Hello. I'm trying to set up my ldap replication, but it seems
semi-functional.
i have two backend definded in my slapd.conf. The replication is made
without problems in the first backend, but this not happends for the
second.

Before i have definded only one backend and the replication go fine. When
i just set up my second backend with its replication then first is become
unfunctional.

You don't specify what version of OpenLDAP you are using, but I'll guess OpenLDAP 2.3.28, because I'll assume you are very wise. Now, since you are using OpenLDAP 2.3.28, I'll assume you have heard of syncrepl, and understand it will do what you want very easily, and thus you should remove your slurpd configuration and switch to syncrepl. I'll also assume you have the ability to read the Admin guide, FAQ, and man pages, all of which can be found online at <http://www.openldap.org/> for any basic questions you have about configuring syncrepl.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer