Re: Disabling Dynamic Configuration

Howard Chu wrote:
Ian A. Tegebo wrote:

So I think I'm confused because with and without -F I'm still getting a
warning in my debug output as well as a non-starting slapd.
If you're not using dynamic config, then you should just use slapd.conf as always and ignore the warning. I.e., the warning is irrelevant if you never use dynamic configuration on that backend.
Or, add support for dynamic config to your backend (for example, coding by example from existing backends and overlays; right now there are examples covering possibly any need in terms of types of functionalities, up to dynamic re-indexing). The bare bone would be to allow configuration only at startup, disabling run-time changes.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.