Re: Disabling Dynamic Configuration

Ian A. Tegebo wrote:
Is there a way to turn off dynamic config support in 2.3.X?  After
looking at the Admin Guide, man pages, mailing lists, and the
FAQ-O-Matic I've failed to figure out how to do it; is it possible?

I was expecting to find something like --enable-dynamic-config=no or
maybe a slapd option.
Dynamic configuration is now bundled into slapd (and slaptools, of course); however, if you don't instruct it to create a permanent config database and use it (namely via -F option), you can keep using slapd.conf seamlessly. Moreover, if you don't provide an entry point to dynamic configuration, by not explicitating the "database config", no dynamic configuration can occur via protocol. Is this enough?

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.