Re: problem with syncrepl

Thomas Cataldo wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up syncrepl beetween 2 openldap 2.3.27 servers.

When I run the consumer with "full debug" I see that the data I want
to replicate is transfered correctly, but the consumer "fails to store
it". The sync ends with :

do_syncrep2: got search entry without control

This means the provider is not configured correctly, otherwise it would have sent the correct (sync) control.

On the provider it looks like :

You're missing the "overlay syncprov" directive, so there is no sync provider here.

database        bdb
suffix          "dc=actia,dc=com"
directory       "/var/lib/ldap"
index           objectClass,entryCSN,entryUUID eq
lastmod         on

access to attrs=userPassword
       by dn="cn=admin,dc=actia,dc=com" write
       by dn="cn=syncuser,dc=actia,dc=com" read
       by anonymous auth
       by self write
       by * none

access to dn.base="" by * read

access to *
       by dn="cn=admin,dc=actia,dc=com" write
       by * read

syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

I would take any hint on why my data is transfered but not stored.

-- -- Howard Chu Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc OpenLDAP Core Team http://www.openldap.org/project/