Re: Trying to limit acces to an attribute

First off, I'm not sure if you're expecting to hit a matchingRule. Aren't you looking for a value (i.e "val.regex" instead)? Maybe try that first.

It seems like lots of people get the ordering wrong; you could try posting your whole list of ACLs here and see if anybody reads it right. But it's more enlightening to post that along with "slapd -d acl" output of an access gone "wrong" versus your expectations. slapd -d acl is quite useful, you might be able to figure it out yourself based off its output.
Of course, there's always the slapacl program too.

Examples can be found in the tests/ directory of the source tarball.