Re: slapd-relay and slapo-rwm questions

It might be worth noting that you can combine this with glue if you want everything to show up as One Happy Database.

database relay
subordinate
suffix "ou=Peeps,dc=eden,dc=rutgers,dc=edu"
overlay rwm
rwm-suffixmassage "ou=People,dc=eden,dc=rutgers,dc=edu"

database ldap
suffix "dc=eden,dc=rutgers,dc=edu"
uri [...real data like ou=People...]

(1) If your root is "dc=example,dc=com", and the entries you are interested in rewriting are in "cn=people,dc=example,dc=com" and the suffix you want to use virtually is "cn=outlook,dc=example,dc=com", how do you configure this? My attempts at doing this gave me the following error:

<suffix> namingContext "cn=outlook,dc=example,dc=com" already served by a preceding hdb database serving namingContext "dc=example,dc=com"

The same rules for slapd.conf ordering still apply - the most specific DN's must appear before the less specific DN. So you must define

database relay
suffix cn=outlook,dc=example,dc=com

database hdb
suffix dc=example,dc=com