Re: A Few Newbie Questions...

--On Friday, October 06, 2006 12:21 PM -0700 Ted Johnson <whatawonderfulworldweliveintoo@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi;
I've just read the documentation twice and still have a few questions
that should be relatively easy to answer:

The following should be put in DB_CONFIG, but where is that file??
    olcDbConfig: set_cachesize 0 10485760 0
    olcDbConfig: set_lg_bsize 2097512
    olcDbConfig: set_lg_dir /var/tmp/bdb-log
    olcDbConfig: set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

These are for BDB. I suggest reading the BDB man pages to discovery what they do.

What do these attibutes mean, how are they applicable and why would I
want to index them? I understand SQL notation. Could someone give me a
similar example?
    pres (present),eq (equality),approx (approximate),sub (substring)

Have you read the FAQ and admin guide?

You could also look over:

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/slapd-conf-replica.html>

but it sounds like you really need to spend some time reading the documentation that already exists @ OpenLDAP.org, and maybe a book or two about LDAP.