RE: Write to Disk?

I'm running openldap version 2.2.24 which is the version that ships with SLES9 SP3.  How do I determine which backend is being used?

- Golden

-----Original Message-----
From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@stanford.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 2:12 PM
To: Golden Butler;openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Write to Disk?

--On Friday, October 06, 2006 11:46 AM -0500 Golden Butler <golden@cnt.org>
wrote:

> Yesterday, we lost power due to an power outage and our openldap server
> went down.  When power was restored and the server was back up,
>
> I noticed that a lot of entries that I have entered over a period of time
> (about two months) were gone!  Is there a way to ensure that openldap
> write changes to the database to disk instantly?  Any help or suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

You don't say what backend you are using, but I'll assume bdb or hdb, since
you don't want to use ldbm.  See the "checkpoint" directive in the
slapd-bdb(5) man page.  This issue has been discussed many many times on
the software list.  Of course, I recommend you be using OpenLDAP 2.3 as
well, since IIRC, the checkpoint directive didn't function entirely as
intended in OpenLDAP 2.2.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount