RE: Write to Disk?

--On Friday, October 06, 2006 2:13 PM -0500 Golden Butler <golden@cnt.org> wrote:

I'm running openldap version 2.2.24 which is the version that ships with
SLES9 SP3.  How do I determine which backend is being used?

Read your slapd.conf file and see what the "database" section says. If it says bdb or hdb, you are using Berkeley DB as your backend. If it says "ldbm", you'll need to see what other libraries slapd are linked against.

I'd highly advise upgrading, 2.2.24 is quite old (2.2.30 was the final release of OpenLDAP 2.2). OpenLDAP 2.3.27 is the current release, and 2.3.28 is around the corner. There are a lot of new beneficial features in OpenLDAP 2.3 as well (such as automatic DB recovery on slapd startup).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer