Re: How to migrate MS - Active Directory to Linux OpenLDAP

Raghu Ni wrote:
Hi,

We are trying into migrate from Active Directory to Open LDAP. But, we
getting problems with Schema Attributes. Can any one help us in this ?

I haven't worked with AD in a number of years, but I did do a large-scale migration to OpenLDAP this summer.

You have esentially two choices.
1. Write a schema that supports the AD attributes in OpenLDAP.
2. Write a script that converts the AD attributes to those used in the standard OpenLDAP schemas. This is the route I took and my script ended up being many hundreds of lines (in perl) and requires extensive testing, as even the smallest mistake can prevent the data from getting loaded.

--
Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--