Re: incomplete slapcat

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 20:49, Robert Petkus wrote:
> I hate making these things long because folks lose interest and stop
> reading but my environment is complex so:
>
> Along with the main database, I am also using monitor and accesslog.
> Recently I began storing ssh public keys in LDAP for use with ssh-lpk.
> This past weekend ~15k accounts were added to LDAP and maybe 700 ssh
> keys (I manage LDAP not account management..).  Replication failed on 2
> nodes.  I noticed on these nodes incoherency because I was using an
> outdated custom schema file (my fault) so I decided to wipe the database
> and reload it from backup.  Not a big deal but I notice that my nightly
> slapcat ldifs (slapcat -n 2 -l ldap.ldif) are polluted with accesslog
> entries that *replace* the original entries.  For example, my account dn
> won't include, say, sshPublicKey, but I'd see a reqMod entry with this
> attribute.
>
> I can see every dn with a ldapsearch but am missing many dns using
> slapcat.  Obversely, when I do slapcat, I get dn attributes from
> accesslog that I can't see with ldapsearch.  It looks like some weird
> cross-pollination of the 2 databases.
>
> Maybe there is something I am missing in my config.  Here is a snippet
> -- the full config is available upon request.
>
> Thanks!

> database monitor

> database       bdb
> suffix         cn=changelog
> rootdn         cn=changelog
> rootpw         secret
> directory      /var/lib/accesslog
> index          reqStart         eq
> index          reqAuthzID       eq
> index          reqDN            eq
> index          reqMod           eq
> overlay accesslog
> logdb cn=changelog
> logops writes

> database        bdb
> suffix          "dc=bnl,dc=gov"
> rootdn          "cn=admin,dc=bnl,dc=gov"
> rootpw          {SSHA}secret

> directory       /var/lib/ldap

> sizelimit       unlimited
> cachesize       500000
> idlcachesize    500000

Maybe I'm confused but doesn't the accesslog overlay belong in the main
database definition? At least that's what I have:

database        hdb
suffix          "cn=log"

database        bdb
suffix          "dc=rentec,dc=com"
overlay         accesslog
logdb           cn=log
logops          writes
logpurge        30+00:00:00  01+00:00:00

Karsten.
--
For your penance, say five Hail Marys and one loud BLAH!