Re: upgrade to 2.3.19 from 2.1.22

On 2/8/06, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:
On Wednesday 08 February 2006 11:57, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 February 2006 10:50, matthew sporleder wrote:
> > I finally managed to drum up some support for upgrading a few legacy
> > servers from openldap 2.1.22 to 2.3.x.  (yay)
> >
> > My plan is to follow the general slapcat/slapadd procedure and attempt
> > to use one big HDB (or possibly three), review all of my ACL's (I
> > think there were some syntax changes from 2.1 to 2.2, according to the
> > faq)
> >
> > Basically, I'm looking for tips/gotchas that I'm obviously leaving out.

Strip out the operational attributes like entryCSN after doing the slapcat,
prior to doing the slapadd, as the format changed.

Is entryCSN used for anything other than syncrepl? I'm rehatching this old thread to find out about the opposite direction. 2.3 masters replicating to 2.1 replicas. I've done some testing and didn't notice any problems, but I was using slurpd and a pretty simple setup.