Re: Krb5 TGT location question

On 22 Sep 2006, at 19:01, Jeremiah Martell wrote:
I used to tell my Kerberos library to use the default location to
store my TGT (which was /tmp/krb5cc_0). But now that I tell the
Kerberos library to store it in another location, the bind doesn't
work.

This isn't an OpenLDAP problem - you need to get Kerberos working properly, and understand some details of how it works, before you try and use it with OpenLDAP. There are sample applications which come with the Cyrus SASL distribution which can be a good place to start.

In particular, you need to understand the way in which Kerberos ccaches are located. If the enironment variable KRB5CCNAME is unset, then the file /tmp/krb5cc_<UID> will be used, otherwise the contents of KRB5CCNAME will be used.

You should look for further help on a list dedicated to the Kerberos library you are using.

Cheers,

Simon.