Re: ldap_modify: Server is unwilling to perform (53)

On 9/14/06, haiyi1@cox.net <haiyi1@cox.net> wrote:
Thank you Dieter.  I am able to add organization and organizationUnit now.  But when I tried to add a person using the following .ldif file, it gave me another error message.

dn:uid=user1,ou=Employees,o=example.com,cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com objectclass:top objectclass:person objectclass:organizationalPerson cn:John Doe sn:Doe givenname:John uid:user1 userpassword:password ou:Employees description:user1

ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> ) add objectclass: top person organizationalPerson add cn: John Doe add sn: Doe add givenname: John add uid: user1 add userpassword: password add ou: Employees add description: user1 adding new entry "uid=user1,ou=Employees,o=example.com,cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,d c=com" modify complete ldap_add: Object class violation (65) additional info: attribute 'givenName' not allowed

Check in the schema definition.  You'll find them in the etc directories.

_Matt

Isn't givenName a regular (even though it is optional) attribute?  Why it is not allowed?

Haiyi