[OPENLDAP] Backup for bdb backend: db utils or slapcat?

Hi all,

I have several questions about openldap ;

I have 2 servers with Debian Sarge and slapd 2.2.23-8!

For OpenLDAP, I'm using the "bdb backend" and I looking for informations
about backup and recovery! I read that it was possible to use db utils or
slpacat!
Well I need to make a hot backup and to be sure that if my server has a problem,
I will be able to restore my directory with the correct settings.

Do I need to backup the __db** file and the log file or a slapcat is sufficient?
Do I need to use the two : db utils + slapcat? What is the difference between?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Mickael Mortier
IT Engineer