Re: Push based syncrepl replication...

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have 3 OpenLDAP 2.2 based servers which I want to setup in replication
> modes. Master server is located behind firewall, so I need to use push
> based replication. Unfortunately slurp based replication is not good
> solution for me, because I need to replicate some designated attributes,
> not all database.
>
> According to the manual, which says that "syncrepl provides a stateful
> replication which supports both the pull-based and the push-based
> synchronizations (...)" - syncrepl in push mode would be the best
> solution. The bad thing is that I can not find anywhere any
> configuration clauses which would allow me such configuration.

First of all, slurpd allows you some partial replication.

Then, in OpenLDAP 2.4 (currently in alpha) you'll find push replication
via syncrepl by means of a hidden proxy database, so that the consumer is
a proxy hidden in the producer that pulls changes out of the producer and
pushes them into the consumer.

For a quick'n'dirty approach, you should look into the "attrs=" parameter
of the "replica" statement.  For a long term, yet experimental solution
you should look into test045 and test048 in HEAD/2.4alpha code.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.n.c.