Re: DNS configuration

At 02:07 AM 9/11/2006, Hai Zaar wrote:
>>ldapsearch knows nothing about DNS or Kerberos. The behavior you're
>>seeing is Kerberos-specific, and has nothing to do with LDAP or OpenLDAP
>>software.
>You are right. With simple bind (-x) ldapsearch does not do any of the
>reverse lookups. The behavior I've described probably comes from SASL.

Before attempting to configure OpenLDAP Software to use
SASL Kerberos V ("GSSAPI") authentication, you should
make sure test programs provided by Cyrus SASL works,
and before doing that, you should make sure your
Kerberos environment is properly setup by testing
with programs provided with the Kerberos software
you are using.

-- Kurt