Re: bind fallback

> So what you're saying is that OpenLDAP will not be following industry
> accepted standard APIs and may even remove functionality wrt those
> standard APIs?

The functions are there, but their declaration is hidden behind #ifdef's,
so compilers right now start complaining about code that uses deprecated
functions.  Those functions have been deprecated because their use is seen
as detrimental, not just for the pleasure of breaking existing software.
I.D.s shouldn't be seen as a standard, not even de facto, as clearly
stated in their header.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team