Re: slapacl question

TechnoSophos wrote:
Should I file this as a bug?

On 8/22/06, TechnoSophos <technosophos@gmail.com> wrote:
When using the slapacl program to test ACLs, how come slapacl
inidcates that a  user has 'read' permissions when the ACL restricts
to 'auth' only?

###

# slapacl -D 'uid=matt,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com' -b
'uid=barbara,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com' -d acl 'cn/read'
Backend ACL: access to attrs=userPassword
        by anonymous auth
        by self write
        by * none

Backend ACL: access to attrs=cn
        by users auth
        by self write
        by * none

Backend ACL: access to *
        by self write
        by users read
        by * none

authcDN: "uid=matt,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com"
=> access_allowed: read access to "" "cn" requested
=> access_allowed: backend default read access granted to
"uid=matt,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com"
read access to cn: ALLOWED

###

Note that the same things happens if I substitute '=x' for 'auth' in the acl.

Thanks,

Matt

(OpenLDAP version: 2.3.25)

For those of you perishing few who still have a problem with top posting: should I file this as a bug?

There seems to be some inconsistency within your report. The logs say

=> access_allowed: read access to "" "cn" requested
=> access_allowed: backend default read access granted to

which corresponds to requesting access to "" instead of 'uid=barbara,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com' as indicated in the command line. If I set the same rules indicated in your logs in a generic slapd.conf file, and run the same command line you run, I get the expected behavior both with HEAD and 2.3.27. I suggest you clearly define the boundary conditions for your test before claiming you spot a bug. Please isolate a minimal slapd.conf (with a database in LDIF format, if by any means relevant) and a command-line that results in the unexpected behavior you describe. Please test it with OpenLDAP 2.3.27, since bugs no longer present in the current release tree would not be considered. If the problem persists, you should file an ITS; make sure you provide the data (slapd.conf, LDIF and command line) that is required to reproduce the problem.

p.