Re: Syncrepl out-of-sync detection.

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Monday, August 21, 2006 10:08 PM -0400 Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa <ildefonso.camargo@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi!

I know that this question may have been asked before on this forum.
But I just can't find the threads where it was discussed.

Is there a way of telling wich slaves are not on sync on a syncrepl
deployment?  I mean, a "fast" way of telling whether "this" replica is
not in sync.

Examine the contextCSN value of the DIT being replicated?

The fast yes/no answer is simply to compare the contextCSNs, as Quanah noted. If you want to know which entries are not yet sync'd, you can do essentially what the syncrepl engine does, and search for entries on the provider with entryCSN >= the contextCSN of the consumer. Of course, in the amount of time it takes to do that, the consumer would be able to sync itself already...

--
 -- Howard Chu