Re: effect of --disable-debug configure option

Hi,

On 8/9/06, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > When I built slapd with ./configure --disable-debug option, slapd
>> > seems to log no messages to syslog.  (loglevel value is set to "any")
>> >
>> > Is this an intentional behavior, or am I missing something?
>>
>> Have you read the man page for slapd.conf?
>>
>> "any" is not a valid level for loglevel.
>>
>> --Quanah
>
> I'm using 2.3.25.  Quoted from slapd.conf(5):
>
> The keyword any can be used as a shortcut to enable logging at all
> levels (equivalent to -1).  The keyword none, or the equivalent
> integer representation, causes those messages that are logged
> regardless of the configured loglevel to be logged.
>
> Is this not the point?

Oh, dang, I missed that last bit.

Did you use "--enable-syslog" as one of your configure options?  It is
supposed to be auto-detected, maybe it failed for some reason on your
platform?

My configure option is:

 # ./configure --prefix=/path/to/openldap-2.3.25 --enable-modules
--enable-backends=mod --enable-overlays=mod --disable-sql
--disable-debug

and include/portable.h has the line:

 #define HAVE_SYSLOG_H 1

So it seems to detect syslog() properly.  Any other ideas?

--
Kazu Nisimura