Re: slurpd -d9 --- Invalid credentials

Sorry, I've been busy working on another project....

But before working on the other project, I was able to replicate from master to slave LDAP servers with simple and the plain text passwd in the /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file.

Now that I have time to continue with LDAP, I was wondering if there are any Howto's for LDAP, SSL, with SASL, without Kerberos.  I don't want to have the passwd in plain text in the configuration file.

I have the following in my /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file for the replica piece
replica host=server2.pro-unlimited.com:389
        suffix="dc=pro-unlimited,dc=com"
        binddn="uid=replicator,ou=ldapbods,ou=people,dc=pro-unlimited,dc=com"
        tls=yes
        bindmethod=sasl
        authcid=replicator
        credentials={MD5}iNv5bh4HOx5hLd+CWDcfZw==
        saslmech=digest-md5

yet, when I ran slurpd in debug mode, after the SSL passed, I get the message that says
"Error: LDAP SASL for <server2>.pro-unlimited.com:389 failed: Authentication method not supported"

I have even tried putting this on my master LDAP server and the slave
sasl-realm  <server1>.pro-unlimited.com
sasl-regexp uid=(.*),cn=.*,cn=.*,cn=auth cn=$1,ou=people,dc=pro-unlimited,dc=com

Yet, I still get the same error message as above.

I've even created the user in the /etc/sasldb on the master and the slaves LDAP servers
[root@server1 openldap]# sasldblistusers
user: replicator realm: server1.pro-unlimited.com mech: PLAIN
user: replicator realm: server1.pro-unlimited.com mech: CRAM-MD5
user: replicator realm: server1.pro-unlimited.com mech: DIGEST-MD5

[root@server2 openldap]# sasldblistusers
user: replicator realm: server2.pro-unlimited.com mech: PLAIN
user: replicator realm: server2.pro-unlimited.com mech: CRAM-MD5
user: replicator realm: server2.pro-unlimited.com mech: DIGEST-MD5

[root@server3 openldap]# sasldblistusers2
replicator@server3: userPassword

Can someone point me in a direction, hints, or howto's?

Thanks,
Steven