Re: Specify a URI with multiple servers?

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Andrew E wrote:

> ldapuri: "<space>ldap://badserver:389 <tab here> ldap://goodserver:389
> <spaces>"
> outcome: error (-9): Bad parameter to an ldap routine
>
> My best guess is that the config file I was using had tabs in it between
> server names.
>
> Although this is no big deal (I can search/replace the string before
> giving to the OpenLDAP API), is it correct that only spaces can separate
> the URL?

This would seem to be the case.  In libraries/libldap/url.c we see:

int
ldap_url_parselist (LDAPURLDesc **ludlist, const char *url )
{
    return ldap_url_parselist_int( ludlist, url, ", ", ldap_url_parse );
}

So it looks like spaces (not tabs) and commas can separate them.  If you
want tabs as well (and there might be a reason why they're disallowed)
you'll need to file an ITS.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Eng'ng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU