Re: HDB Production Usage

> My question to the list is: What are you experiences with HDB?  Is it
> still experimental?  Has anyone used it for an extended period of time
> in a production environment?  Is there a roadmap anywhere outlining when
> it's expected to be stable?

I'd love to see a timestamp on that FAQ-O-Matic entry; I'm not sure that
too many would still agree with hdb being experimental.

My records show us switching to hdb on August 19, 2004. It hasn't caused
any appreciable amount of pain. Specifically:
(a) the amount of pain caused by using other backends is orders of
magnitude larger than any possible issues with bdb/hdb,

combined with

(b) it's unclear whether bugs experienced under hdb wouldn't happen under
bdb anyway. Read the changelog; the vast majority (admittedly not all)
fixes are "fixed back-bdb/hdb foo" since the code is shared.

Finally, from where you sit, I note that there's been a significant amount
of teething performed with hdb, both under OpenLDAP 2.2 and under 2.3, and
you can now benefit by merely downloading a 2.3.24 tarball.